Why Get a Massage? 5 Reasons to Try Massage Therapy in Seattle
Massage is one of the best natural tools for reducing stress and improving soft tissue mobility.
Despite this, less than 7% of US adults receive massage therapy each year.
Massages have become more affordable and accessible than ever. If you’re still wondering “why get a massage?” familiarize yourself with these incredible benefits.
Why Get a Massage? 5 Reasons
Don’t think of massage as a luxury reserved for birthdays. Massage can help you stay pain free, reduce overall stress, and help keep you healthy year-round.
- It can reduce tension and pain: By relaxing muscles and soft tissues, massage may help reduce headaches, back pain, pain from injuries, and much more.
- Massage can stimulate the immune system: One study shows that massage can stimulate white blood cell production – a vital part of your immune system.
- It improves blood flow: By boosting circulation, massage can help damaged tissue heal and relieve sore muscles.
- Massage reduces stress: Studies show that massage can reduce cortisol levels and help lower blood pressure.
- It increases feel-good chemicals: Research also shows that massage can boost serotonin and dopamine to help you feel content.
Personalized Massage Therapy in Seattle
Our massage therapists at East Lake Chiropractic & Massage Center have several years of experience and are specially trained in a wide range of techniques including:
- Deep tissue
- Russian sports massage
- Myofascial release
- And many more
Your therapist will spend time learning about your unique symptoms like headaches, tension, and back pain as well as your medical history before developing a personalized massage plan to meet your goals.
Massage isn’t a luxury – it’s vital for mental and physical wellness. Schedule a massage at East Lake Chiropractic & Massage Center in Seattle today or call 206-324-8600.
Posted In: Massage