Pain from Text Neck? Try a Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment in Seattle
The human head weighs around 11 pounds.
The muscles, bones, and ligaments of the head, neck, and shoulders are designed to support that weight. Unfortunately, that support only works when you’re in proper alignment and exercising adequate posture.
Due to technology – like smartphones – most people have their heads down for long periods, resulting in text neck. This phenomenon requires chiropractic neck pain treatment to end painful symptoms.
Why is Text Neck So Painful?
When you’re constantly looking down at your phone – whether you’re texting, responding to emails, checking social media, or playing games – it puts a lot of strain on your neck. And when you’re in this type of position, it can cause spinal misalignment, which can put pressure on the nerves of your neck.
Pressure, strain, and misalignment can lead to:
- Painful muscle tension
- Sore shoulders
- Sore/stiff neck
- Tingling or numbness in the arms and hands (due to nerve impingement)
- An inflammatory response, which can lead to more pain
Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment – Why You Need to Try It
Thankfully, Eastlake Chiropractic and Massage Center in Seattle can help ease text neck pain with a custom neck pain treatment plan.
Your plan can include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Keeping the spine in proper alignment will reduce extra strain on the soft tissues of your head, neck, and shoulders and help prevent or treat pinched nerves.
- Massage Therapy: Your neck and shoulder muscles can become painfully tight and knotted with the prolonged smartphone, tablet, or laptop use. Regular massage will relax the muscles, providing relief.
- Posture Correction: Poor posture and ergonomics at work can exacerbate your pain. Your Seattle chiropractor can guide you to better posture and make ergonomic workplace recommendations that will reduce strain and pain, too.
- Spinal Decompression: If text neck has resulted in an injury that impinges upon the nerves of your neck (cervical nerves), decompression therapy will provide you with some much needed relief.
Treating the Whole Person to Help You Live Your Healthiest Life
Dr. Kamell has nearly three decades of chiropractic experience. Dr. Mulanax has over 1000 hours of continuing education under his belt. Both doctors utilize their combined knowledge, training, and expertise to provide you with exceptional care.
Their multi-tiered approach to care will help you heal faster, prevent future injuries, and help you lead a full, active, healthy life.
Are you suffering from text neck pain? Contact us today at 206-324-8600 for a consultation.